Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From this week's Thursday magazine.
Make and share this Jackfruit - jaggery kheer recipe from Food.com.
- Cut the fresh jackfruit into equal square shaped slices.
- Fry the cut pieces in a wok, in 2 tbsps.
- of ghee for 7-8 minutes.
- In a mixer, grind the coconut and jaggery to a fine paste.
- Add 2 cups of water.
- Boil the coconut-jaggery mixture in another vessel for about 10 minutes.
- Add the fried jackfruit pieces into the vessel.
- Boil again for 2 minutes.
- Boil the milk in a vessel.
- Make it lukewarm.
- Fry the cut cashews and coconut slices (1mm thickness) in 1 tbsp.
- of ghee to a golden brown colour.
- Remove from flame.
- Add the milk.
- Mix well.
- Add the cardamom powder and fried cashewnut pieces and coconut pieces.
- If required, morem milk can be added.
- Serve hot or cold.
I had some jackfruit left over from a food study at work, so I tried this recipe. It was quite sweet but much like the really sweet Indian desserts I had when I was traveling. I used brown sugar instead of jaggery which probably made it taste a lot different. I think it'd be good with bread or biscuits or maybe even ice cream or yogurt. Thanks for the recipe!