Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I love this on my steak,chicken, shrimp, I would go broke if we had a TGI Fridays in our area =) Recipe adapted from Todd Wilbur's version of T.G.I. Friday's Jack Daniels Grill Glaze www.TopSecretRecipes.com
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄3 cups dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1 tablespoon crushed pineapple
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cut about 1/2 inch off the top of the garlic. Cut the roots so that the garlic will sit flat. Remove the papery skin from the garlic, but leave enough so that the cloves stay together. Put garlic into small casserole dish or baking pan, drizzle olive oil over it, and cover with foil. Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour. Remove the garlic and let it cool until you can handle it.
- Combine water, pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, & cayenne pepper in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Stir occasionally until mixture boils. Reduce heat until mixture is just simmering.
- Squeeze the sides of the head of garlic until the roasted garlic is squeezed out. Add remaining ingredients to the pan and stir.
- Let mixture simmer for 50 minutes, or until sauce has reduced by half and is thick and syrupy. Make sure it doesn’t boil over.
Tastes amazing! Some reviews complain about being too much work, but it is easy, just a little time consuming. The good thing is it does not require a lot of babysitting. Almost exactly like TGIFriday's, but a little spicier. I doubled the recipe so it will last longer and it worked out really well. I highly recommend this sauce/glaze!
This recipe is amazing and is incredibly close to what they serve at TGI Fridays. It is good on EVERYTHING!! A couple of tweaks I made - double the amount of Jack Daniels, double the amount of crushed pineapple, and definitely cut the amount of cayenne pepper in half. Be sure to allow time for the sauce to reduce or it will be runny. Reducing also intensifies the flavor. Amazing recipe!!!
Excellent best version Ive tried spot on