Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy chocolate cookies with a kick!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons jack daniel whiskey or 5 tablespoons other sweet whiskey
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, for rolling
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine eggs, cake mix, oil, nuts (if using) and whiskey in batter bowl and mix well.
- Chill dough overnight, or at least 3 hours.
- Form into small balls (about 1-2 tablespoons each) and roll in powdered sugar.
- Place cookies on ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, until almost no indentation remains when touched.
- They will be soft when taken from the oven, but will crispen when cooled.
- Bake for closer to 10 minutes if you like a softer cookie, closer to 15 for crispy ones!
- If you want, sprinkle with a little more powdered sugar before serving.
These were good, sort of like my tipsy cakes minus the coffee. I am sure that I'll be baking these again, but trying rum and maybe a different whiskey. Kudos, darlin...these were great!