Recipe by pamela t.
This salad has a fantastic flavor and guests can pick out the ingredients they like and leave those that they don't like. You can add other ingredients of your choice, but those listed are very flavorful and complimentary. Make ahead and add dressing right before serving. You can choose the type of cheese cubes you enjoy. You may want to add chopped turkey or pepperoni. This could be considered a main dish. Cooking time is for pasta and for frying the bacon. Enjoy!
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup rotini pasta
- 8 ounces American cheese
- 6 ounces honey-roasted ham
- 4 -6 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- 2 avocados
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Fry bacon, drain and crumble.
- Place romaine on a serving platter.
- Dice or shred cheese.
- Dice avocadoes
- Dice ham.
- Arrange each ingredient atop lettuce.Make sure pasta and bacon are at room temperature before adding.
- Do not add dressing until just before serving
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top with dressing and serve.