Prep 3 mins
Cook 13 mins
Got this one from yet another site. It is fabulous! We made it without the tomatoes and with cheddar, but it still came out great!
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 10 medium mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Slice Zucchini and Yellow Squash.
- Quarter Mushrooms.
- Dice Tomatoes.
- Mix Zucchini, Squash, Mushrooms, Butter, Basil, and Pepper in a 2 quart microwave-safe casserole.
- Cover with wax paper and microwave on HIGH until squash is tender-about 8-10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cheese and microwave on HIGH for an additional 2-3 minutes.
It was easy to put together and very simple, but I didn't get any real excitement from the flavor. It pretty much tasted like steamed veggies. I even put a couple of hot red peppers in to spice things up, and it still was rather bland.
I enjoyed this, very simple to put together & no slaving over the stove, went well with our crumbed fish for dinner, DH wasn't a fan but I liked it. Thanks!
Excellent side dish! I used baby carrots instead of mushrooms, 1 can of diced tomatoes instead of fresh, and cheddar cheese instead of parmesan.