1 hr 15 mins
I love pumpkin even in this unusual recipe. From Woman's Day magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup dry Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 36 jumbo-size pasta shells, cooked to firm stage,drained and cooled in a single layer
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Spoon a thin layer of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 13 by 9 inch baking dish.
- 2Combine beaten egg with pumpkin, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and nutmeg.
- 3Stuff shells with mixture and arrange stuffed side down in a single layer in the baking dish.
- 4Cover shells with rest of spaghetti sauce.
- 5Cover dish tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 6Remove foil, sprinkle mozzarella over top and bake uncovered 10 to 15 minutes more until the cheese melts and the sauce is bubbling.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian-style Pumpkin-stuffed Shells
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.1
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 72.1 mg
- Sodium 1319.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 17.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: