Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love pumpkin even in this unusual recipe. From Woman's Day magazine
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup dry Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 36 jumbo-size pasta shells, cooked to firm stage,drained and cooled in a single layer
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Spoon a thin layer of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 13 by 9 inch baking dish.
- Combine beaten egg with pumpkin, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and nutmeg.
- Stuff shells with mixture and arrange stuffed side down in a single layer in the baking dish.
- Cover shells with rest of spaghetti sauce.
- Cover dish tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle mozzarella over top and bake uncovered 10 to 15 minutes more until the cheese melts and the sauce is bubbling.