Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
A delicious American dish with a Italian twist to it. DELICIOUS
- 1 tablespoon butter (approx) or 1 tablespoon margarine (approx)
- 3 -4 cups milk (approx)
- 8 ounces macaroni and cheese mix (uncooked)
- italian seasoning
- 6 spicy italian chicken sausage
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Fontina cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Put sausages in stir fry pan with a little water.
- Poke holes in sausages with fork to cook the inside a bit.
- When sausage is completely cooked, drain any remaining water, remove and cut up sausages.
- Add a little oil to the pan, return chopped sausages and saute until golden brown.
- In another pot, melt the butter and add the flour -- cook slowly, stirring constantly until the roux is a light brown.
- Cut up the cheese and add to the roux.
- Add remaining milk slowly, stirring constantly.
- Add Italian seasoning (to taste).
- While the sausage and roux are cooking, place macaroni noodles in boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Drain well, add 1 cup of milk, butter and cheese mix from the box; stir until cheese is incorporated.
- Add prepared macaroni and cooked sausage to the roux; stir gently to mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.