Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a book that was at the check-out line at the grocery store. I leaf through them while waiting and if there are more than four good-looking recipes, I buy it. If not, I leave it. They can get expensive. Anyway, this is a tasty one. Serve it with my Lemon Pasta and it makes a great meal.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 6 medium boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 slices swiss cheese (cut in half)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
- 3 cups meatless spaghetti sauce (store bought or your own)
- Place the bread crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Place the chicken between two pieces of wax paper and pound the chicken to flatten a little.
- Add this to the bag of crumbs and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown the chicken in the oil.
- Remove from skillet.
- Place half of a cheese slice and two tablespoons of spinach (squeezed dry) down the center of each piece of chicken.
- Fold chicken over the filling and secure with a toothpick.
- Place in a greased 9-inch square baking dish.
- Top with spaghetti sauce and bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until heated.
- Discard toothpick and serve.
This is truly a 5 * chicken dish. I used the lemon pasta you suggested,a fabulous blend of flavors.My Family said,"This could make you a Zaar Star".Thanks for the super recipe.Rose
Husband said "restaurant quality" and my two kids loved it! I had a little pesto sauce so I brushed a little on the chicken before topping with the cheese and spinach. I also used a can of diced tomatoes with garlic and onion instead of sauce. I served with the lemon pasta and it was also very good.