Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are very tasty burgers.The original recipe came from the Kraft website and called for just Italian shake n bake and BBQ sauce and the cheese.I made it like that the first time and they were pretty good.I made them again with the addition of onion and garlic and they were out of this world.Oh I also added an egg because the orignal recipe was a little dry.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 (3 ounce) envelope Shake-n-Bake, itialian coating mix
- 2 pressed garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Italian cheese (blend) or 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix all ingreadiants and shape into 4-6 patties.
- Fry or grill on medium heat for 5-8 min each side depending on thickness of patties.
- Brush extra BarBQ on burgers at end of cooking time if desired.
- Serve on buns with favorite condiments.
My Husband and I enjoyed this recipe alot. I browned them slowly in a skillet and the sugars from the bbq sauce browned up nicely. Every bit was flavorful and crunchy. I couldn't find italian shake and bake so I used parmesan shake and bake. It was delicious. Thank you for the recipe !!
I was so pleased. My kids FINALLY ate a hamburger at home and liked it!! And without a toy no less!