Recipe by Oolala
I haven't made these yet but I am intrigued by the ingredients. Please note that these meat balls should placed in a saucepan of your favorite tomato sauce and should simmer 1-2 hours after browning in skillet.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground round or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 cups breadcrumbs, plain
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup red wine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil (or bacon fat)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all the above ingredients in a bowl and mix by hand until well blended.
- Roll the meat into meatballs the size of golf balls.
- Brown in skillet with olive oil or bacon fat.
- Once meatballs are browned, place in a saucepan with tomato sauce and simmer 1-2 hours. Serve over pasta.