Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
This is another one of those recipes that I threw together at the last minute and turned out delicious. The chops turn out crispy on the outside and slightly pink and juicy on the inside.
Top Review by cfhouser
Great, simple dish! This was my first time cooking lamb chops and it couldn't have gone any better! Easy to follow and east to cook, but with great taste. My son loved them and said I did better than the Brazilian Steak House! I served them with mashed potatoes and sauteed green beans and snow peas. Also, mine were about an inch thick so I cooked them on a lower heat. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 lamb chops, 1/2-inch thick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, dried (broken into smaller pieces in the palm of your hand)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage, ground, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium-high temperature, heat olive oil until glistening.
- Meanwhile combine oregano, rosemary, basil, sage, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle rub mixture evenly onto both sides of chops and gently rub/pat until it adheres to the chops.
- Fry chops for 5-8 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until desired doneness is reached.