1/4 Photos of Italian Flavored Tempeh Nuggets
1 hr 10 mins
Kozmic Blues's Note:
These are amazing! When these cook, the balsamic marinade becomes a delicious caramelized coating. Use these nuggets over salads, over rice or to accompany pasta. They make great little finger snacks too. Cooking time does not include marinade time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces tempeh
For the marinade
- 1Cut tempeh into 1/2 inch wide cubes.
- 2Combine the marinade ingredients in a container with a lid, stir to combine.
- 3Add tempeh, cover and shake well until all pieces are coated.
- 4Pace in refrigerator for one hour or overnight.
- 5Shake container every now and again (when you think of it) to coat all pieces. The tempeh will begin to absorb all the marinade.
- 6When ready to cook, heat a non stick skillet over medium low heat.
- 7Add tempeh and any liquid and cook for about 10 minutes, turning pieces until they begin to caramelize.
- 8Serve immediately or keep in a covered container in fridge.
Browse Our Top Tempeh Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Flavored Tempeh Nuggets
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.7
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 636.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 11.9 g