Recipe by Caroline Cooks
Make ahead. Great blend of flavors for a zippy salad, spread, or dip. Be sure to allow for refrigeration to get the best melding of ingredients. Can't remember the origin of this recipe; made some ingredient and amount changes. For dip: double the dressing. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced (red or yellow)
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1 lb crabmeat or 1 lb imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream, low-fat is fine
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine onion, green pepper (if using), celery and crab.
- In a small bowl, mix the sour cream, mayo, and lemon juice with the oregano and salt/pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the crab mixture and toss carefully to combine.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.