Recipe by **Mandy**
From a potato cookbook by Robyn Martin
Top Review by **Jubes**
Reviewed for Aus/NZ Forum Recipe Swap for March 2012- Nice potato side, but like NurseJaney I found that the potatoes were still undercooked even after an additional ten minutes in the oven, I think sliceing the postatoes before boiling would be a good idea or slicing thinner before placing in the oven. I think the dish did need a little salt and maybe skip the oil being added to the first layer of the potatoes. This really did look good and had great flavours. Photo also to be posted
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled
- 400 g Italian tomatoes
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 10 mins, drain well. Cool and then cut into 1cm slices.
- Arrange a layer of potatoes over the base of a greased shallow ovenproof dish.
- Pour over half the tomatoes, sprinkle with half the mozzarella and parmesan and 1 tsp of the basil then sprinkle with 2 tblsp oil.
- Repeat the layers and sprinkle with breadcrumbs and remaining oil.
- Bake at 190.C for 30 mins or until the potatoes are cooked and the top golden brown.