1/1 Photo of Island Style" Fish Tacos
1 hr 20 mins
Lavender Lynn's Note:
Source: Chef Nalani Kaneakua, Cafe Aina
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh fish, in 2 oz strips (Ahi, Ono or Mahimahi)
- olive oil
- fresh herb, garlic, salt & pepper
- flour tortilla (fajita size)
Combine or blend the following 1 hour before serving
- 1 large ripe tomato, Finely Diced
- 1/4 round onion, Diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, Minced
- 1 large garlic clove, Crushed
- 1/2 green bell pepper, Minced
- chili flakes, Pinch
- lemon juice
- salt & pepper
Creamy Garlic Dressing
- 1Marinate fish in herbs and garlic for 1 hour before grilling.
- 2Combine or blend the Salsa Fresca ingredients 1 hour before serving:.
- 3Combine the Dressing ingredients in blender until creamy 1 hour before serving.
- 4To assemble:.
- 5Grill strips of fresh marinated fish until medium done, reserve.
- 6Warm tortillas by grilling or steaming. Place a bed of lettuce or your favorite greens (cabbage) on tortilla. Top with grilled fish, creamy garlic dressing and salsa fresca.
- 7Garnish with cilantro and a lime wedge.
- 8Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Island Style" Fish Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.8
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 146.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: