Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
New Orleans classic made Caribbean style.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- vanilla ice cream
- toasted sweetened coconut
- Melt butter, brown sugar, lime juice, rum, and seasonings in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add bananas and pineapple, saute until tender but not soft, about 2 minutes.
- Serve over scoops of vanilla ice cream and garnish with coconut.