1/15 Photos of Irish Soda Bread 1
1 hr 5 mins
I just love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You tell me what you think????!!! Filled with dried cranberries and raisins and flavored with the black caraway seeds are so good. You can use regular but the black tops this. These black seed is also known as Black Cumin, Habbatul Baraka (the Blessed Seed), and by its botanical name "Nigella Sativa".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup Irish whiskey (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds, using black caraway better known as yummy Or
- 2 tablespoons nigella seeds, sativa
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Pump up dried fruit:.
- 3Place raisins and cranberries in a glass bowl 1/4 cup pour water or whiskey (gives it a real Irish kick) over it.
- 4Cover with plastic wrap or paper towel and microwave it for 1 minute. Let sit to cool.
- 5Add salt, baking powder, sugar, and flour to food processor and pulse 3 times to sift.
- 6Add the buttermilk, butter and eggs and mix till it comes to a doughy ball.
- 7Mix in seeds and drained raisins, and cranberries. You may need to do this step by hand.
- 8Don`t worry if you can knead the dough into a ball it still will be very good. At times my dough is moist because of moisture in the air.
- 9Place the dough into a well buttered pan using hands well floured shaping the dough.
- 10(I like cast iron skillet 8-9 inches). Pat down in center for even baking.
- 11Mark a cross on top and brush with more melted butter.
- 12Bake in 350 Degree oven for 50-60 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Soda Bread 1
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.5
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 36.1 mg
- Sodium 269.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: