Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
quick and tasty for a side dish
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed (optional)
- 1 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fat (for frying)
- Combine potatoes, egg, butter and caraway seed. Beat til fluffy.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together and add to potato mixture.
- Knead lightly until well mixed.
- Roll on lightly floured board to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut into squares or wedges.
- Cook over medium heat in frying pan about 5 mins each side til golden brown.
- Serve at once with butter.
- Sprinkle generously with sugar as the Irish do.