Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
quick and tasty for a side dish
Make and share this Irish Potato Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- Combine potatoes, egg, butter and caraway seed. Beat til fluffy.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together and add to potato mixture.
- Knead lightly until well mixed.
- Roll on lightly floured board to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut into squares or wedges.
- Cook over medium heat in frying pan about 5 mins each side til golden brown.
- Serve at once with butter.
- Sprinkle generously with sugar as the Irish do.