Recipe by angela_olesen_8629669
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. These are tender golden cupcakes with a silky Irish cream frosting! Potatoes might seem like an odd ingredient, but you can't taste it at all & it makes the cupcakes extra moist. The frosting is super addictive!
- 1 (16 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 cup Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes, room temperature
- 1 cup irish cream, divided
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups butter, room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix cake mix and mashed potatoes until smooth. Add 3/4 cup water and 3/4 cup Irish cream liqueur and mix making sure to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix until smooth.
- Line a cupcake tin with paper baking cups and fill each with 2/3C batter. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until tops are a light golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While cupcakes are baking make frosting. To make frosting combine powdered sugar and butter. Mix slowly at first until powdered sugar settles. Add 1/4C Irish cream liqueur and mix until smooth.
- Once cupcakes have cooled frost each cupcake. Use an accent decorator if desired.