Recipe by TGirl,RN
I'm not Irish, so I'm not sure about the authenticity of this dish, but it sounded tasty. Could also be cooked in a crockpot.
- 4 lbs corned beef brisket
- 1 can onion soup
- 4 peppercorns, whole
- 1 clove garlic, minced/crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 6 carrots, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 6 potatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup celery, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 head cabbage, wedged
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse corned beef, place in large heavy pan.
- Add soup and seasonings.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 3 and 1/2 hours.
- Add carrots, potatoes, celery, top with cabbage.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove meat, vegetables and bay leaf.
- In separate bowl, mix flour and water until smooth.
- Pour flour mixture into sauce and cook until thickened.
- Add meat and vegetables back to pot, heat through and serve.