- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb tart apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in salted, boiling water until tender; drain well.
- Meanwhile place apples in a pot with 1/3 cup of water and the sugar; cook at a simmer until soft.
- Mash the cooked, drained potatoes thoroughly.
- Mash in the cooked apples (with any remaining liquid), salt, pepper and butter.