Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mom has been making this for years. Its a great salad served before a good Italian meal. Mom always serves it before her meat sauce. She makes a big platter and measures nothing. You should probably like anchovies or at least the flavor of them. I posted her recipe but I use whole anchovies packed in salt, cleaned, and a GOOD extra virgin olive oil in place of the canned. But her way is easier. I also use homemade roasted pepper. You can add anything else you wish.
- 236.59 ml mixed greens or 236.59 ml romaine lettuce
- 4 slice roasted sweet peppers, marinated in oil, reserving oil (red, yellow, or orange)
- 4 piece mozzarella cheese, approximately 1/8 inch thick
- 4-8 anchovies packed in oil, reserving oil
- fresh oregano (optional) or fresh basil, to taste (optional)
- 4-8 olives, any color (optional)
- Place the greens in center of a plate.
- Arrange peppers over greens in petal like arrangement coming out from center.
- Place 1 slice of cheese on each slice of pepper.
- Place 1 or 2 anchovies on each piece of cheese.
- Sprinkle with oregano or basil if desired, but not necessary.
- Add olives by placing in center of plate where 'petals' meet.
- Drizzle with anchovy oil, oil from the peppers and fresh oil if necessary.