Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
There are many kind of methods to cook Perkedel (Indonesian mini meat patties), but this is the best I found... Hope you like it. If you dislike the taste of fried shallot please reduce the amount of shallots you use in the cooking.
- Fry sliced shallots until it turns a bit brown, then set aside to cool.
- Saute sliced potatoes until it turns soft, and then mash them in a bowl.
- Mix together the mashed potato with fried shallots, salt, pepper, nutmeg powder, minced beef and egg yolks and shape into palm-sized, flat round patties.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, enough to cover the patties.
- Dip patty into egg white and then cook the patties (in batches if necessary) over a medium heat for about 5min each side.
- Serve with warm steamed rice or with steamed vegetables.