Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love to make this in the shape of a football and spread ketchup on them as the strings.
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup progresso dry breadcrumbs (any flavor)
- 1 (1/2 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 slice cheese, if desired (optional)
- garlic salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Beat milk and egg with fork in large bowl. Mix in beef, bread crumbs and salad dressing mix (dry). Shape into 6 small loaves. Place in ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches. Brush loaves with Worcestershire sauce.
- Bake uncovered 35 to 45 minutes until no longer pink in centers of loaves and juice is clear. (If using meat thermometer, insert so tip is in center of one loaf. Thermometer should read at least 160ºF.)
- Decorate with strips of cheese or ketchup. Let stand 5 minutes.
I made 2 half-pound loaves to pop 1 in the freezer for another quick dinner when time is short. The ranch mix is a perfect seasoning, and I used Panko crumbs,and the added Worcestershire gave a "steak" taste to the finished loaf. YUM! Great dinner and some leftover for sandwiches tomorrow. Thanks for sharing Ceezie. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011.