Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick and easy individual shortcakes with fresh fruit and cassis! I've used pre-made shortcakes and filled them with fresh strawberries, pineapple, banana, grapes, kiwi, cantaloupe, honeydew and watermelon all topped with a crown of freshly whipped cream and a generous splash of cassis. Feel free to make your own shortcakes if you like, and fill them with any fresh fruit you desire. Amounts are estimates.
- 4 individual prepared shortcakes (I use one 4.5 oz. package of Hostess shortcakes)
- 2 cups fresh fruit, cut in bite size pieces (strawberry, pineapple, kiwi, honeydew, cantaloupe and watermelon)
- 8 tablespoons cassis liqueur (or to taste)
- whipped cream, to serve
- Drizzle a spoonful of cassis over the shortcake base.
- Fill with assorted fresh fruit and drizzle with a bit more cassis, to taste.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream.