1/1 Photo of Indian Spiced Baked Potato Sticks
I just found this on Sanjeev Kapoor's blog. What a healthy, tasty change of pace.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- 2Wash and dry the potato. Peel the potato if you like. I leave the skin on because I like the texture and nutrients.
- 3Slice the potato into 1/8th inch thick slices lengthwise using a mandolin or a large, sharp knife. Stack up the slices, and cut them lengthwise to form thin sticks.
- 4Place the potato sticks on a kitchen towel, and gently pat dry.
- 5In a bowl, whisk together the ghee or melted butter or oil, turmeric, chili powder, curry leaves and salt. Add the potato sticks to the bowl and toss well.
- 6Place the seasoned potato sticks on a non-stick baking sheet or a regular baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silpat. Spread them they are in a single layer and don’t overlap.
- 7Bake for 10 minutes or till the chips are golden and crisp. Halfway through baking, check on the chips, and remove any pieces that are already crispy and golden. Rotate the baking sheet and continue baking until done.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Spiced Baked Potato Sticks
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.2
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 905.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: