Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I just found this on Sanjeev Kapoor's blog. What a healthy, tasty change of pace.
Make and share this Indian Spiced Baked Potato Sticks recipe from Food.com.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and dry the potato. Peel the potato if you like. I leave the skin on because I like the texture and nutrients.
- Slice the potato into 1/8th inch thick slices lengthwise using a mandolin or a large, sharp knife. Stack up the slices, and cut them lengthwise to form thin sticks.
- Place the potato sticks on a kitchen towel, and gently pat dry.
- In a bowl, whisk together the ghee or melted butter or oil, turmeric, chili powder, curry leaves and salt. Add the potato sticks to the bowl and toss well.
- Place the seasoned potato sticks on a non-stick baking sheet or a regular baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silpat. Spread them they are in a single layer and don’t overlap.
- Bake for 10 minutes or till the chips are golden and crisp. Halfway through baking, check on the chips, and remove any pieces that are already crispy and golden. Rotate the baking sheet and continue baking until done.