Recipe by faith58
Recently we went to arizona and had this yummy treat so had to find the recipe as soon as we got home.. You can make them bigger which I will do next time, the circles go really quick.. :)
Top Review by AprilShowers
This is the same recipe I make, so rather than post it I'll just give this one 5 stars! Only difference is my recipe calls for 2 teaspoons baking powder and after you mix the dry ingredients with the water there is no kneading. You just cover it and let it sit for an hour. Than I scoop out balls of dough with my cookie scoop, roll flat into 4 inch circles and fry! We use this for tacos, and it is one of my husbands favorite meals.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups water, warm
- vegetable oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add the water and knead the dough until soft.
- Roll the dough until 1/4 inch thick, then cut out rounds 4 inches in diameter.
- Fry the bread in 2 to 3 inches of hot oil until puffed and browned on both sides.
- Serve with honey, or powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar.