Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Another recipe from one of my vast collection of cookbooks. This tastes like "cooked all day" but actually it doesn't take all that long. Great with a salad and big chunk of cornbread!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole kernel corn (can be frozen, canned or fresh)
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- fresh cracked pepper
- Place butter in large sauce pan and begin to melt.
- Add onions and peppers and cooking until tender.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add corn,tomato soup, sugar, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Note: any of your favorite seasonings can be added to this at the same time you add the salt and pepper.
This tasted really good. The sugar really compliments the natural sweetness of the corn, although I used brown sugar instead of regular sugar.
Tasty and easy. I forgot all about the sugar and didn't miss it. I used 3 cans of corn and added 1 cup of water.
Awesome. My mom use to make this all the time. I totally forgot about it, but I will make it for my family ASAP!!! And she always made it just like your recipe! Yummy!