A versatile spicy batter mix. I use this for creating starters or tit bit bites to serve with drinks. prawns served with a salad in this way make a nice change from the usual, bland offering.
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, stir in the water to form a batter mixture.
- Heat oil in a shallow pan.
- Coat the zucchini, prawns or whatever with the batter, fry 2 minutes each side.
- Remove from pan, drain on kitchen paper, place in oven to keep warm while the rest of the zucchini is fried.
- Serve hot, or straight from the pan.