Prep 12 mins
Cook 15 mins
These steaks are prepared on the stovetop and they get carmelized. It's just a good "different" way to prepare a steak. A bonus recipe for the adventuresome.
- 2 (10 ounce) rib eye steaks
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, freshly milled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, "toast" the coriander and fennel seeds using no oil (dry pan) until you achieve a fragrant aroma (3-5 minutes).
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Transfer the seeds to a spice grinder and grind. Add in the salt and pepper. Use this blend to season the steaks on both sides.
- Using the same skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil. When it gets hot (don't let it smoke), lay in the steaks and fry them about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Plate up the steaks and allow them to "rest" for about 8 minutes prior to serving.
- An option, you can lightly brush the top of each steak with a little melted butter if you wish, just after they come out of the skillet.