Recipe by The Packet Queen
This meal is so easy to make and pleases just about everyone's taste! I serve this with mashed potatoes and corn. The recipe is easily doubled; just make sure the pan you use is large enough to hold the combined ingredients!
Top Review by Scarlett516
This was excellent. I thought there was a bit too much pepper flavour, not spicy, just green pepper flavour. I'll reduce the amount of pepper first. I also doubled the gravy amount because one packet didn't seem to be enough for the two of us.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 2 (7/8 ounce) packets brown gravy mix (McCormick or store brand)
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate hamburger into 4 patties
- Brown hamburger meat in large frying pan
- Drain grease.
- In a measuring cup, measure one cup of water and empty contents of gravy packet into cup, mix well.
- Add sliced onions, sliced bell pepper and gravy mix into pan.
- Simmer on medium-low heat for 45 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes.