Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe by Barefoot Contessa - Ina Garten. I wanted to share this quick, easy, and LUSCIOUS rice recipe with you all. This dish goes well with any main meat or fish dish... Lots of FLAVOR, and one not to miss!
- 1 cup uncooked uncooked long-grain basmati rice (white, recommended -- Texmati)
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh curly fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh scallions, white and green parts
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- Combine the rice, 1 3/4 cups water, the salt, and butter in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, stir once, and simmer, covered tightly, for 15 minutes. (pull the pot half off the burner to keep it from boiling over.)
- Turn off the heat, and allow the rice to sit covered for 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley, dill, scallions, and pepper.
- Fluff with a fork, and serve warm.
Quick and easy!! This delicious rice dish will go well as a side dish with any entree! It's a winner for sure! Prepared as a participant in the Hail To The Chefs Event January 2010 in the Cooking Photo Forum.
Such a tasty number, the perfect side dish for Soy and Ginger Fish which I made for the *Food Network Chefs* photo forum January challenge. I didn't have any of the fresh herbs, but we liked it anyway. I used about a quarter of a white onion instead of the scallions, and I really liked the pungency of the onion in there.
Such an easy dish that I can certainly see myself making this recipe a lot, so thank you, Linda. :) I used chicken stock instead of water. The flavour from the herbs and the chicken stock made this just so delicious and it would be a great accompaniment to vegetarian or meat dishes. On this occasion, we enjoyed it with Baked Caramelized Parmesan Tomatoes and Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts - but for the bacon, a nearly vegetarian meal. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.