Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
Recipe by Barefoot Contessa - Ina Garten. I wanted to share this quick, easy, and LUSCIOUS rice recipe with you all. This dish goes well with any main meat or fish dish... Lots of FLAVOR, and one not to miss!
Top Review by Seasoned Cook
Quick and easy!! This delicious rice dish will go well as a side dish with any entree! It's a winner for sure! Prepared as a participant in the Hail To The Chefs Event January 2010 in the Cooking Photo Forum.
- 1 cup uncooked uncooked long-grain basmati rice (white, recommended -- Texmati)
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh curly fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh scallions, white and green parts
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the rice, 1 3/4 cups water, the salt, and butter in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, stir once, and simmer, covered tightly, for 15 minutes. (pull the pot half off the burner to keep it from boiling over.)
- Turn off the heat, and allow the rice to sit covered for 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley, dill, scallions, and pepper.
- Fluff with a fork, and serve warm.