1/3 Photos of Ina's Herbed Basmati Rice
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
Recipe by Barefoot Contessa - Ina Garten. I wanted to share this quick, easy, and LUSCIOUS rice recipe with you all. This dish goes well with any main meat or fish dish... Lots of FLAVOR, and one not to miss!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked uncooked long-grain basmati rice (white, recommended -- Texmati)
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh curly fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh scallions, white and green parts
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1Combine the rice, 1 3/4 cups water, the salt, and butter in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- 2Reduce the heat to low, stir once, and simmer, covered tightly, for 15 minutes. (pull the pot half off the burner to keep it from boiling over.)
- 3Turn off the heat, and allow the rice to sit covered for 5 minutes.
- 4Add the parsley, dill, scallions, and pepper.
- 5Fluff with a fork, and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ina's Herbed Basmati Rice
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.8
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 445.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 5.0 g