Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a cookbook called "Green Tea"
- 2 cups pink grapefruit juice
- 3 cups chilled green tea
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ice cube
- maraschino cherry (to garnish)
- Combine the grapefruit juice, tea and sugar in a medium pitcher and stir until blended.
- Serve over ice and garnish with Maraschino cherries.
This iced tea had an odd/bitter taste to it. I don't think it was the green tea that made this tea taste bitter, but rather the pink grapefruit juice. The end results, I did not like it.
I'm not a true fan of green tea, but in this incarnation, it's yummy. Only change I made was to use Splenda brown sugar, just to make it a little more diabetic friendly. Made for Diabetic Forum Pool Party tag game.
Fantastic! Great sweet/tart flavor; loved the brown sugar in this too. The pink grapefruit juice gave this such a nice color. I love green tea and this is a light and refreshing way to serve it - thanks for posting the recipe! Made for the Comfort Cafe Event, July 2009