Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is an old but good bisquick recipe.
- 3⁄4 cup cottage cheese (small curd)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄4 cups mozzarella cheese (5oz)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 400.
- Grease pie 10 inch pie plate.
- Layer cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese in pie plate.
- Mix chicken, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella,garlic powder, oregano, basil and tomato paste.
- Spoon over Parmesan cheese.
- Beat remaining ingredients in blender on high 15 seconds or 1 min with hand mixer until smooth.
- Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Top with remaining mozzerlla and bake 5 to 8 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes and serve.
We make this often. I make it with my gluten-free "biscuit" mix because our daughter cannot eat gluten. I usually leave out the tomato paste. We discovered it is very flavorful without it one night when I didn't have any tomato paste & was half way thru making this! It tastes great either way!