Recipe by Mean Mary
A chicken dish that my former mother-in-law made for special occasions. Can easily be doubled if you are feeding a crowd.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely crushed Ritz crackers
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, celery seed, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl to combine. Pour into a large zip top bag. Add chicken breasts and make sure that the mixture comes into contact with each of the chicken breasts. Refrigerate over night.
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees F. Remove chicken breasts from marinade, trying to get as much of the sour cream mixture from the chicken as possible. Roll in cracker crumbs and place on a baking sheet. Remember to tuck the thinner ends under so that the chicken breasts are generally about the same thickness. Spoon about half of the melted butter over the chicken and bake for 20 minutes. Spoon remaining butter over the chicken again and cook for an additional 20-25 minutes or until done.