- 250 g tamarind pods (Imli)
- 2 cups low calorie sweetener
- salt, according
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (Lal Mirch)
- 1 tablespoon dried ginger (Sounth)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the imli in lukewarm water so that it softens. Rub well to remove the seeds.
- Strain out all the juice into a container. Put on low heat and bring to boil. Add sugar, salt and chili powder and keep stirring and cooking on low heat till it starts to become thick.
- A small piece of ginger can be added and later removed for an extra flavor. When desired consistency achieved remove from heat and allow to cool before storing (in a jar with a lid.