1/2 Photos of Idaho Sunrise
1 hr 10 mins
This is from the sweet "The Supper Book." Author Marion Cunningham says, "This is simply a baked potato with a bright yellow egg sitting on top of it, but when you mash the egg into the buttered potato it's like the sun coming up over the mountains." We enjoy this for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It's a one portion recipe which obviously can be doubled and re-doubled all you want.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2Scrub, dry & pierce potato several times with fork.
- 3Bake for about 40 - 50 min., or until soft when poked.
- 4Remove and slice a piece off the potato lengthwise, large enough to scoop out the insides.
- 5Mash the insides with 1 T. butter, salt and pepper, & 2 T. milk.
- 6Refill the potato shell.
- 7Place on a pie plate or baking sheet.
- 8Break the egg & drop it on top of the potato.
- 9Spoon 1 teaspoons melted butter over the egg, salt & pepper it, & put in the oven.
- 10Bake for about 8 - 10 minutes, or until the egg is set but the yolk is still soft enough to make a nice sauce for the potato.
- 11Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Idaho Sunrise
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.7
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 230.8 mg
- Sodium 226.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 9.9 g