Just like the broasted potatoes I had at Monterey restaurant for every birthday I had as a kid.
Make and share this Ice Water Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare the potatoes by cutting each into wedges lengthwise about 8 wedges for each potatoes.
- Place in a bowl with ice cubes and add water to cover.
- Place in fridge for at least 45 minutes.
- Drain and pat with paper towels to dry.
- Melt butter with minced garlic salt and pepper.
- I usually use a cast iron skillet, but any oven-proof pan will do.
- Pour butter over potatoes in skillet, the butter mixture will stick because the potatoes are so cold!
- Bake in a 425 degree oven about 25 minutes.
This is a great recipe. I used red skinned potatoes and followed the recipe exactly as stated. Everyone loved these potatoes. I will definately be making this recipe again. Thanks for posting!
These were so good. Followed the recipe exactly and they turned out crispy on the outside and nicely done on the inside.
These were really good potatoes! I wish they had gotten crispy, though. I cooked for 45 minutes to get them to a tender texture. I followed the ice water method & left the potatoes chilling for over an hour & the butter mixture didn't coat the potatoes like I expected it to.