Recipe by deanna c
Just like the broasted potatoes I had at Monterey restaurant for every birthday I had as a kid.
Top Review by Mrs. DJ2
This is a great recipe. I used red skinned potatoes and followed the recipe exactly as stated. Everyone loved these potatoes. I will definately be making this recipe again. Thanks for posting!
- 2 russet potatoes or 2 other baking potatoes
- 1 -2 fresh garlic clove, minced
- fresh black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- ice cube
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the potatoes by cutting each into wedges lengthwise about 8 wedges for each potatoes.
- Place in a bowl with ice cubes and add water to cover.
- Place in fridge for at least 45 minutes.
- Drain and pat with paper towels to dry.
- Melt butter with minced garlic salt and pepper.
- I usually use a cast iron skillet, but any oven-proof pan will do.
- Pour butter over potatoes in skillet, the butter mixture will stick because the potatoes are so cold!
- Bake in a 425 degree oven about 25 minutes.