Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Adapted from Woman's Day Magazine, June 2007.
Make and share this Ice Cream Tiramisu recipe from Food.com.
- Line an 8-inch square pan with foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides.
- Mix the espresso and the coffee liqueur together. Dip half of each of 18 ladyfingers in the coffee/liqueur mixture and arrange them on the bottom of the pan so that they are packed close together.
- Place the coffee ice-cream in a bowl and stir until smooth but not melted.
- Spread the softened coffee ice-cream over the ladyfingers and sprinkle with half the grated chocolate and 1 1/2 cups of whipped topping.
- Cover with foil and place in the freezer 30 minutes.
- Repeat layers using, 18 ladyfingers dipped in coffee and liqueur, softened dulce de leche ice-cream, grated chocolate and the rest of the whipped topping. Cover with foil.
- Freeze for 3 hours until firm. A half hour before serving, place in the refrigerator to soften slightly.
- To serve, fold back foil. Loosen ends from pan with thin knife.
- Holding foil, carefully lift load from pan and invert onto serving dish.
- Garnish with chocolate curls and cut into squares or freeze until serving.
I made this for a community party and it was a hit! I used my own homemade ice cream (both coffee and dulce de leche flavors). I used parchment paper instead of foil and lifting and separating was a cinch!