This is a recipe that my wife makes a lot of the time as it is the ultimate comfort food, can be eaten any way you like, any time you like... it's perfect to chomp on whilst watching a movie at home alone or with a friend and its great as a dessert for a dinner party, it just works every which way!!! Basically variations of the main recipe could include using a different flavour ice cream, using different chocolate, adding biscuits or more, adding sauces and garnishes, adding Baileys etc... we like to just pop it back in the ice cream tub for home use but if we are having a dinner party we refreeze it in the small round chinese soup bowls and serve it with a garnish as a dessert... Food.coms system won't allow me to add the recipe in terms of 1 packet of Buttons and 1 packet of Malteasers etc so I have just put choclate so you can pick and choose what you use to suit yourself... Our basic at home includes a pack of Malteasers, pack of Cadbury's Buttons and Caramel Buttons and a Crunchie bar but you can use ANYTHING you like!!! Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, biscuits, cookies, butterscotch sauce, strawberry sauce - literally anything!!! Please do try it and rate it and let me know any variations you try as it really is a great versitile recipe!!! So easy to make and so satisfying to eat!!! Also, just a quick note, I live in the UK so I'm not sure if those in the US have the same varieties of chocolate as we do here so apologies if you don't know what I mean by Crunchie Bar, Cadbury's Buttons etc!!!
My Private Note
- 1Allow the ice cream to soften to a consistancy that can be easily mixed with a spoon.
- 2Crunch the various chocolate into reasonably large pieces - or leave them whole if you prefer!
- 3Pour the crushed chocolate into the softened ice cream.
- 4Stir everything together evenly and return to the original ice cream tub or transfer to serving dishes.
- 5Return to the freezer for 2 hours or so before serving whichever way you like!
- 6I like to add caramel sauce when serving to add an extra touch of yumminess!
Browse Our Top Ice Cream Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ice Cream Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ice Cream Surprise
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 625.5
- Calories from Fat 438
- Total Fat 48.6 g
- Saturated Fat 30.0 g
- Cholesterol 73.3 mg
- Sodium 147.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 35.8 g
- Protein 13.3 g