Karen From Colorado's Note:
A frozen treat for those chocolate lovers in your house. Or try the variations for other taste sensations.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line a 15x10-inch jelly roll pan with waxed paper.
- 3Grease and flour lined pan; tap out excess flour.
- 4Combine flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
- 5In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat yolks and 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy.
- 6In a small bowl, and using clean beaters, beat egg whites until foamy.
- 7Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating until stiff, but not dry, peaks form.
- 8Fold 1/3 of the beaten egg whites into the yolk mixture.
- 9Alternately fold in remaining whites and flour mixture.
- 10Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing top.
- 11Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out lean, about 15 minutes.
- 12Dust a clean cloth with remaining sugar.
- 13Turn cake out onto the prepared cloth.
- 14Remove waxed paper.
- 15Trim the cakes edges.
- 16Starting with the long side, tightly roll up the cake with the cloth.
- 17Transfer cake, seam side down to a wire rack to cool.
- 18Unroll cake and remove cloth.
- 19Spread softened ice cream over cake to within 1/2 inch of the edges.
- 20Re-roll cake.
- 21Wrap cake well and freeze seam side down until firm.
- 22Dust with powdered sugar before slicing and serving.
- 23Variations: 1 8 oz container of whipped topping instead of ice cream.
- 24Add fresh fruit or chocolate chips to whipped topping before adding it to the cake.
- 25Add cooled melted chocolate and instant coffee granules to the whipped topping before adding to the cake.
- 26Serve sliced cake in a puddle of chocolate sauce.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ice Cream Cake Roll
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.2
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 84.3 mg
- Sodium 206.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 24.9 g
- Protein 4.2 g