1/2 Photos of "i Don't Believe It's...." Lemon Tofu Cheesecake!
2 hrs 35 mins
It's good... no kidding! Vegan or not, this dessert is a great dairy free treat. This works for people with diabetic and/or heart disease diet guidelines. Prep time is really chill time... there are about 5 minutes of actual busy work for this recipe, 35 minutes of baking and 2 hours of chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb silken tofu
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soymilk (rice milk is also ok)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, maple syrup and almond extract.
- 3Mix until the graham cracker crumbs are moistened.
- 4Prep a 9 inch springform pan by spraying the bottom and sides with nonstick oil spray, or by oiling with a paper towel.
- 5Tip crumb mixture into the prepped springform pan and press it evenly on the bottom.
- 6Bake the crust for 5 minutes, then remove it from the oven and set it aside to cool while you prepare the filling.
- 7Blend all the filling ingredients in a food processor (or blender) for about 30 seconds, or until smooth.
- 8Pour filling into the springform pan over the cooled crust.
- 9Bake for about 30 minutes or until the top of the cheesecake is lightly browned.
- 10Remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow it to cool.
- 11Place the cooled cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours until it is thoroughly chilled and firm.
- 12To serve, take a long knife and heat the blade in hot hot water.
- 13Slide the blade of the knife along the edge of the cooled cheesecake to ensure that it will separate from the pan.
- 14Release the springform ring, slice, sprinkle with slivered almonds if desired and serve cold.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "i Don't Believe It's...." Lemon Tofu Cheesecake!
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.6
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 253.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 21.8 g
- Protein 4.6 g