Recipe by Bone Man
A tea-based cocktail for when you're REALLY tired after a long day. I snatched the name from an unspecified (but apparently very potent)alcoholic drink which was mentioned in Ezekiel Mphahlele's "Down Second Avenue," a book about life in apartheid South Africa.
Top Review by Rita~
I used the cracked ice to shake the rum, tequila and Grand Marnier to chill. Wasn't sure what it was for while making. Next time I would serve the drink over the ice. I found this to be a little flat! I would add some sparkling water or soda to it to give it some life. It seemed to have almost an anise taste. Maybe it was the tea? Which I did steep in a cup of hot water. I did use my Drunken Cherries Recipe #50395 for garnish. Don`t get me wrong this wasn`t bad just needed a little something (soda).
- 1 ounce light rum
- 1 ounce tequila
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier
- 1⁄2 ounce grenadine
- 1 cranberry-apple tea bag
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 4 maraschino cherries
- cracked ice
Directions See How It's Made
- Frost two 8-ounce crystal glasses in your freezer for at least 30 minutes or so.
- Brew the tea and chill it in the freezer. Stir in the powdered sugar after it cools.
- In a separate carafe, blend the rum, tequila, Grand Marnier and the grenadine. Pour this mix into the two glasses, an equal amount in each.
- Fill each glass the rest of the way with the chilled tea.
- Garnish with a couple of the cherries on a toothpick in each glass.