Recipe by cookin' kayte
I found these in my hometown's La Plata County's HIgh Altitude Country Kitchen Cookbook. And these brownies are absolutely decadent for a quick treat! They are fast to make and don't require much work! These truly are homemade Brownies in a Hurry!
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 -1 1⁄3 cup sifted flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar (or Rapadura or Sucanat Sugar for a healthier version)
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts (optional) or 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter or margarine in a saucepan.
- Meanwhile sift sugar and cocoa together.
- Remove butter from heat and stir in sugar and cocoa.
- Add eggs and beat until smooth.
- Add sifted flour a little at a time, until completely mixed in (I normally use only 1 cup of flour.).
- Spread batter in a greased and floured 8x8 pan.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Frost brownies with favorite frosting, if desired.