Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
From "Hungry Girl" newsletter. It's creamier than most pesto sauces and super-delicious! Here's the recipe and stats so you can whip up a batch...PER SERVING (1/4th of recipe, about 2 tbsp.): 68 calories, 5g fat, 228mg sodium, 3g carbs, 0.25g fiber, 0.5g sugars, 3g protein -- PointsPlus® value 2* . It's easier to blend if you double the recipe. (there is no cooking time but it's a required field.)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat parmesan cheese (grated topping)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- Place all ingredients in a small blender or food processor, and blend/process until a smooth paste forms.
- If you like, add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve!