Recipe by VeggieHippie
Posted in response to a request. This is the recipe for hummus used by the New Deal cafe, where I cook, in Greenbelt, Maryland. Use with my Hummus and veggie wrap. (makes ALOT!)
- 108 ounces canned garbanzo beans, divided in half
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 -6 garlic cloves
- water, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Open can of beans and drain. set aside half for another use.
- Put all other ingredients along with half can beans in a large food processor. Turn on and as it processes, add water in a stream to get a desired consitancy. (thinner than bean dip, but thicker than a cream soup. It thickens in the fridge.).
- Voila! Hummus Ala New Deal Cafe!