1/2 Photos of How to Make an Ice Bowl
I saw this in a book my mom gave me and after a quick search didn't see it already on here. It looks like a really neat idea so I wanted to post here for safe-keeping and to share of course.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place ice cubes over the bottom of a 2 1/2 or 3 quart bowl.
- 2Center a 1 1/2 or 1 quart bowl on top of the ice cubes.
- 3Weigh down the smaller bowl with more ice cubes or a can of frozen juice.
- 4Place freezer tape across both bowls to hold them in place.
- 5Using a wooden skewer, tuck herbs, flowers, or citrus (or a mix) between ice cubes.
- 6Pour cold water between bowls until the water is about 2in. from the bottom and freeze. Add another inch of water and freeze again, and repeat until water is about 1/2in. below the rim.
- 7Remove tape from sides of bowls, and ice cubes or juice from smaller bowl. Fill smaller bowl with warm, not hot water and let stand for 1-2 minutes.
- 8Carefully lift smaller bowl out of the larger bowl. Then dip the larger bowl into warm water and remove from the ice bowl.
- 9Immediately use ice bowl for shrimp, dips, or fresh fruits.
Browse Our Top Non-Food Products Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Non-Food Products Recipes
Nutritional Facts for How to Make an Ice Bowl
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g