Recipe by CulinaryExplorer
I saw this in a book my mom gave me and after a quick search didn't see it already on here. It looks like a really neat idea so I wanted to post here for safe-keeping and to share of course.
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ice cubes over the bottom of a 2 1/2 or 3 quart bowl.
- Center a 1 1/2 or 1 quart bowl on top of the ice cubes.
- Weigh down the smaller bowl with more ice cubes or a can of frozen juice.
- Place freezer tape across both bowls to hold them in place.
- Using a wooden skewer, tuck herbs, flowers, or citrus (or a mix) between ice cubes.
- Pour cold water between bowls until the water is about 2in. from the bottom and freeze. Add another inch of water and freeze again, and repeat until water is about 1/2in. below the rim.
- Remove tape from sides of bowls, and ice cubes or juice from smaller bowl. Fill smaller bowl with warm, not hot water and let stand for 1-2 minutes.
- Carefully lift smaller bowl out of the larger bowl. Then dip the larger bowl into warm water and remove from the ice bowl.
- Immediately use ice bowl for shrimp, dips, or fresh fruits.