When the bride and groom are still at the church and the reception is about to begin, a fruit and cheese table is really a great way to help tide your guests over.
My Private Note
- 1To make a Cheese, Cracker and Fruit Table: Cover a round table with cloth.
- 2Place large soup pot in middle of table.
- 3Cover with material and tuck edges under loosely.
- 4Cover the top tier with grapes and whole fruit.
- 5Surround tier with: Stacks of small plates and napkins.
- 6Cheese boards and several blocks of cheese.
- 7Drape inexpensive baskets with material and fill with crackers.
- 8Place plates of grapes, blueberries, whole strawberries, cherries, kiwi slices and any other fruit in season.
- 9This cover will hide coolers filled with fruit and cheese supplies and extra baskets of crackers.
- 10Other wedding tips: A gallon of punch serves approx.
- 1124 servings.
- 12Distilled water will freeze clear, regular water will be opaque.
- 13If using plain ice to chill punch make the punch a bit strong.
- 14An ice ring or block filled with punch and frozen won't dilute the punch.
- 15Cover for a round table: Measure from center point to the edge of the table and then measure to the floor.
- 16For example: from center of the table to its edge is 36 inches and from table top to 4 inches* off the floor is 25.
- 17The radius would equal 61 inches.
- 1861 x 2= diameter The material for the circular cover has a diameter of 122.
- 19Find a solid colored inexpensive queen or king-size top sheet that is large enough to cut a circle.
- 20Lay sheeting on the floor.
- 21Take a push pin and stick it in the middle of the sheet.
- 22Tie a piece of string, the length of the radius of the circle, to the pin.
- 23Tie the other end to a piece of chalk.
- 24Roughly mark out circle.
- 26Trim: 6+ yards of contrasting printed material, Circumference= 3.
- 2714 times radius (61 inches).
- 28Amount of trim needed= 192 inches of finished trim.
- 29Trim will be about 3-4 inches wide and gathered.
- 30Amount of material needed to make trim: Cotton weight material= 176 x 2= 351 in.
- 31(9¾ yards) Lighter weight material= 176 x 3= 528 in (14 yards) 5- 6 yards of half inch of non roll waistband elastic.
- 32Cut material the desired width and sew strips together.
- 33Sew material to elastic, stretching elastic as you sew so it will gather.
- 34Attach trim to cover.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for How to make a fruit and cheese table for your wedding reception
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g