Prep 8 hrs
Cook 0 mins
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, more to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt substitute
- 8 fluid ounces Heineken lager beer
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Combine the garlic, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, mustard and salt and beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Blend in the Heineken and add the cheese, one cup at a time, and beat until smooth.
- Place the cheese in a container and cover and refrigerate overnight before serving.
- Serve with crackers or crisp bread.
This were excellent! We decided to morph the recipe a little so we spread it on bagette slices and broiled them....a "sorta" Welsh Rarebit! It was a sure fire hit.
The cheese was excellent and we all enjoyed the taste, but the name had everyone in hysterics!!! Appreciated the recipe and the laughs from the name.