Top Review by carol chvila
Hi, You made my day when I found this recipe (after looking for it for years). My mother who has since deceased made these for us and they were so delicious -- but unfortunately she died at very early age and I never got her recipe. Thank you so much. Now I'm looking for a Czech white and blood sausage. I know how to say it in Czech but can't spell it. firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 lb farina (or flour)
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 -3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 large old hot dog buns, horns or white bread
- First, cut (old) buns, horns or white bread into small croutons.
- If fresh,toast or fry so they are crisp.
- Select the best farina or flour you can get.
- Mix water, milk, eggs, and salt, keep adding farina until dough is smooth and makes bubbles and doesn't stick to the bowl.
- Mix in croutons.
- Divide into 4 parts, form uplong ball dumplings.
- Let set for about 30 minutes.
- Place into salty boiling water, cook for about 25 minutes.
- Cut with string.